OpenSSH -3.9 connection delay

Senthil Kumar senthilkumar_sen at hotpop.com
Sat Oct 9 02:08:44 EST 2004

Hello,

We are moving from OpenSSH-3.8 to OpenSSH-3.9 in our organization.We came
across a feature that this latest version re-exec itself for every new
connection.It would be beneficial if anyone throw light on this feature
about its advantages and purpose.This makes considerable connection delay as
two times seeding takes place.We also came across that -r disbales re-exec
of sshd.We suspect some execute time randomisations are taking place,but
what exactly is happening here?what is the new level security imposed here?

Thanks,
Sen

---