Traffic monitoring/ip acct of SSH sessions

Damien Mascord tusker at tusker.org
Sat Oct 9 16:19:32 EST 2004

Hi guys,

I am looking for an IP accounting solution which will allow me to
monitor how much traffic is used per ssh session, ie, scp, sftp, the
shell itself, etc etc.

Is there something similar to rssh that may work in this manner ?

I know there exists kernel patches for user level IPAC, though I am
using virtual users (ie, NSS stuff without /etc/passwd entries), and I
don't see anyway to monitor these NSS users.

If anyone has any pointers to where to look, or ways of restricting a
persons IP usage within a SSH session, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Damien

--
Damien Mascord (tusker at tusker dot org)
GPG key 2CB181BE / 93B2 EF21 0C7C F022 F467  7966 219E 92B3 2CB1 81BE