OpenSSH password expiration

ssing at amkor.com ssing at amkor.com
Sat Oct 23 02:02:29 EST 2004

Hi Darren, we are running 3.9p1 and 3.8.1p1 on Solaris 7 and Solaris 8
systems, respectively.  I recently tested it again and could not get it to
work.  I cleared my password in NIS+ and when I tried to ssh into our NIS+
master server (hexadecimal), it will not give me an option to choose new
password (see below).  However, when I use telnet, I was able to change my
password.  Is there some special PAM or OpenSSH configuration that I need
to use?

I have been googling on this subject and could not find any solution.

Thanks for your help.
-Sandeep

SSH
====
# ssh -l ssing hexadecimal
ssing at hexadecimal's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
ssing at hexadecimal's password:

telnet
=====

# telnet hexadecimal
Trying 10.57.2.43...
Connected to hexadecimal.amkor.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
Authorized Use Only
      *** YOU HAVE ACCESSED A RESTRICTED SITE ***

 This system is for the use of authorized users only.
 Utilization of this computer system without authority,
 or in excess of granted authority is in violation of
 State and Federal laws. Violators will be prosecuted
 to the fullest extent.

 Please be advised that use constitutes consent to
 monitoring. (Elec Comm Priv Act, 18 USC 2701-2711)

login: ssing
Choose a new password.
New password:
Re-enter new password: