Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Sep 14 04:08:53 EST 2004

Darren,

We have systems which are multihomed for virtualisation, but run only one sshd.
You can connect to any IP-address and should be authenticated with
gssapi/kerberos. So the client will ask for a principal host/virt-ip-X and the
server has to have an entry for this in the keytab and has to select the right
key by determining the hostname from the connection IP-address. There is no other
way to this (except with GSS_C_NO_NAME, which I haven't tested)than having a
keytab entry per interface, which isn't a problem as gss_import will select the
right one. Kerberos depends on a one-to-one mapping of hostname to ip-address.
You should never have a hostname with two ip-addresses, Kerberos won't normaly
work.

Regards
Markus

On Mon Sep 13 16:14 , 'Douglas E. Engert' <deengert at anl.gov> sent: