X11 problems on AIX (OpenSSH_3.7.1p2-pwexp24)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 23 09:25:45 EST 2004

Elwell, AD (Andrew) wrote:
> I've got a problem with X11 forwarding on an AIX 5.2 system thats stumped
> me.
[...]
> I'm tempted to point my finger of blame at xauth as it doesn't seem to
> create an xauth
> entry for my login session on this host. (the others are fine)

I suspect xauth can't create the .Xauthority file for some reason
(perms?).  Try truss'ing xauth (yes, 5.2 has truss!)

[...]
> (oh, and the reason I'm not on 3.8.1p is because with Darren Tuckers patches
> the users get notification that their password will expire (even if they
> choose to ignore it...))

I said I'd forward-port that part to post-3.8 (just a patch, it's
unlikely ever be in the main tree) but I haven't been bugged too much
about it :-)

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.