SSHD with PAM question

Bob Bramwell bob at jasomi.com
Fri Sep 24 04:50:32 EST 2004

OK, I'll buy that.  However, fixing getpwent may not be practical on a system
where I would like this to work, so I guess I have to do it right, or not do it.
  Which brings up another question:  if I can't do anything useful when
getpwent() doesn't find the user in question, why doesn't sshd simply abandon
all attempts at authentication at that point?  Perhaps it should, in which case
I would not be tempted even to try.  It seems pointless to invoke the PAM module
and then prohibit it from talking to the user.

Tnx,
	Bob.

--
Bob Bramwell            Jasomi Networks (Canada) | This space
Ph: 403 269 2938 x155   #310 602 11th Ave SW     | intentionally