Monitoring ssh logins/logouts

Mark Janssen maniac.nl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 00:15:07 EST 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 3:40 PM, Jakob Curdes <jc at info-systems.de> wrote:

> I checked in what situations the problem occurs - it turns out that most
> closed connections are displayed properly by last.
> Problems arise e.g. when the session is closed through a reconnectiing
> DSL router, those connections are displayed as "sill logged in" while
> the connection on the client side has been closed long ago.

Maybe turning on some SSH keepalive options on the SSH server will
help here. Dropped connections are noticed sooner. Also help
connections from not timeing out on some crappy dsl routers ;)

Look in the sshd manual for:
ProtocolKeepAlive
KeepAlive

--
Mark Janssen  --  maniac(at)maniac.nl  --  pgp: 0x357D2178 |   ,''`.  |
Unix / Linux Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ Snow.nl |  : :' :  |