problem with remote forward and SSH 2.4.0 server

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Apr 7 21:55:16 EST 2005

David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 4/4/2005 6:32 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem with OpenSSH_4.0p1 when trying to do remote port
>> forwards to a server running SSH Secure Shell 2.4.0.
>
> [...]
>
>> The attached patch solves the problem for me.
>

> The silence regarding my earlier post makes me think I did something
> wrong? Is this the correct place to report bugs and propose patches to
> fix them?

Yes, this is the correct list but we are frozen for a release and aren't
going to consider any more patches until the 4.1 release is made.

Could you attach your patch to a new bug on http://bugzilla.mindrot.org/
so we can look at it post release?

Since it is a little tricky to review patches to improve interop against
ssh.com code (because we don't have any copies around), it would be good
if others on this list could test this patch too.

-d