caching

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Sun Apr 17 09:46:43 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 11:32:36PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> Frederik Eaton wrote:
> >Also, terminal resizing doesn't seem to work through cached
> >connections...
>
> It works for me.

OK, how are you using it? Do you have a script which manages a
directory of sockets for different hosts? If so I would like to see
it. I wrote a script which does this (and also makes sure that
separate command arguments turn into separate command arguments on the
remote side, rather than being split on ' ', as discussed earlier),
but I don't know how correct it is.

http://ofb.net/~frederik/misc/ssh-wrapper

One problem with asking users to write their own wrapper scripts to
implement basic features is that fixing the bugs that crop up in
different environments can become very difficult. (Also, it would be
nice if the ssh distribution could include a template wrapper script
that parses the ssh command line options in 'sh' so users don't have
to duplicate this effort)

I've filed bugs as requested, for version 3.9p1. I don't have time to
reverify the problems on 4.0 unless you really think that they've been
fixed there.

Frederik