arcfour test fails on HP-UX 11.23 Itanium

Bjorn Steensrud bsteensr at csc.com
Tue Dec 20 03:10:16 EST 2005

Building OpenSSH 4.2p1  with the hpn11-none patch, HP-UX 11.23  64-bits
ia64, using openssl-0.9.7g compiled from source.
Using gcc 4.0.2  from the HP software depot, compilation is uneventful
(but fast!) once configuration is set up, but
make tests fail with Disconnected messages:

Disconnected: bad packet length ...  (varying)
Write failed: Broken pipe
ssh -2 failed with mac hmac-sja1 cipher arcfour

Then cycles through the rest of the macs with the same message, apart from
packet length.
As far as I can see the other ciphers pass the tests, but testing
naturally stops after the try-ciphers test.

I will of course dig in and try, but has anyone seen this and have a
solution?

Bjørn Steensrud