Is it possible to avoid PAM calls for key based Auth methods

Senthil Kumar senthilkumar_sen at hotpop.com
Tue Feb 15 16:26:38 EST 2005

Hello All,

Im using OpenSSH-3.9p1 configured for PAM,krb etc.. When I use Key based
auth methods such as Public key,gssapi etc, this skips the
pam_authenticate() call and directly calls pam_acct_mgmt(). This results in
a failed attempt with few of my own PAM modules. Is there any way to
implement this facility to be controlled by a directive in sshd_config. I
mean PAM calls should not be called for key based Auth methods, however they
should be obeyed for Interactive auth methods such as kbdint,password.

Thanks for help,
Senthil Kumar.

---