Suggestion: SSHD pseudo/fake mode. Source available.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Feb 27 20:59:34 EST 2005

Daniel Kastenholz wrote:
> Excuse me, am I missing anything? Usually, developers on open source
> mailing lists complain about the gimme-gimme mentality of the writers
> because otherwise they couldn't handle the many feature requests. That's
> why I tried not to bother you with newbie questions, pointed out the
> missing feature in short, proposed a solution, sent you a clear and
> documented patch as requested, and noticed you that the original version
> doesn't work as expected. All I'm getting back from you is either "do
> this", "do that" or just ignorance. Could it be that you're applying
> double standards here? At least "thanks" would have been nice to hear in
> between. I'm giving this up. Apply the patch or stick to your broken
> solution.

Sigh.  If you found my language abrupt then I apologise for that.  (After
doing this for a while I have found that my writing tends to get briefer.
  This is intended to be succinct not rude.)

I was saying that the difference you observed with "DenyUsers *" in the
existing code should be fixed, which would remove the need for additional
config options.  I was unable to reproduce the behaviour you described and
asked for additional information so that I could determine why it behaves
that way so that we can fix it.

So, would you please provide the server-side debug traces so that we can
figure out the cause of the descrepancies you noted so that we can fix them?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.