OpenSSH 3.9p1 X11 forwarding

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 11 17:36:13 EST 2005

kochera at postfinance.ch wrote:
> We upgraded from 3.7.1p2 to 3.9p1. The behaviour of the X11 forwarding
> changed significantly, it is much slower. See below the truss output
> (server side which runs 3.7.1p2) an check for the timestamp (6 seconds
> delay). Do you have any idea what may causes this behaviour? Platform is
> Solaris  5.9 Generic_117171-05.

One thing that changed was the use of untrusted xauth cookies.  You can
use the previous behaviour by putting "ForwardX11Trusted yes" in ssh_config.

The other possibility I can think of is some kind of name resolution or
IPv6 wackiness: you can try "UseDNS no" and "AddressFamily inet" in
sshd_config and/or start sshd with the "-4" option to test those.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.