openssh and kerb 1.4.1 not so happy together

sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 10:44:40 EST 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I seem to have a problem when I upgraded our kerberos from 1.3.1 to 1.4.1 (MIT
> krb 5), all of a sudden I can't ssh as another user.

Do you have tickets on the client? Are they for you, or for 'joe'?

Are you expecting logging in as 'joe' to succeed due to a .k5login file,
or should you be prompted for a password?

What are you using for Kerberos password authentication? PAM, or the
inbuilt KerberosAuthentication stuff?

Does the server fail cleanly, or does it die?

Can you provide debugging logs from the client (with -v -v) and from the
server (-d -d -d)?

Cheers,

Simon.