openssh-4.1p1 on OSX 10.4.1 w/ openssl-0.9.8 NOT FINDING -lcrypto

OpenMacNews OpenMacNews at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 11 11:48:07 EST 2005

hi darren,

thx! for the reply =)

> No, findssl.sh isn't part of the build process, it's merely a
> supplemental tool to show what OpenSSL versions you have installed.

if that's in fact the case ... then i simply 'got ;ucky' (as per my SUBSEQUENT
post ...) with the:

    setenv DEFAULT_LIBPATH

clearly, it makes the difference ... but, apparently, not in findssl.sh ... and,

> ... /usr/local/ssl/lib was not in the run-time link path (ie
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH depending on the platform)

IS the issue ...

odd that it's never been an issue for me before, as long as LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS
have been properly set.

cheers,

richard