openssh-4.1p1 on OSX 10.4.1 w/ openssl-0.9.8 NOT FINDING -lcrypto

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Jul 11 12:11:32 EST 2005

OpenMacNews wrote:
>    setenv DEFAULT_LIBPATH
>
> clearly, it makes the difference ... but, apparently, not in findssl.sh

If you unset those variables do the binaries stop working?

>> ... /usr/local/ssl/lib was not in the run-time link path (ie
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH depending on the platform)
>

> IS the issue ...
>
> odd that it's never been an issue for me before, as long as
> LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS have been properly set.

If you were using either the system's libcrypto or linking against a
static libcrypto (the latter being the default for at least OpenSSL
0.9.7g and below) then the run-time linker path is not going to be an issue.

BTW findssl.sh uses "locate" when available because it's much faster
than "find".

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.