greater than 8 character passwords on Unixware (IA database support)

thirdtype+dev2 at sent.com thirdtype+dev2 at sent.com
Fri Jul 29 05:29:46 EST 2005

I made some quick changes to support the IA security thing in Uniware
7.1.1. I wish I understood all of this well enough to make a proper
patch to include new defines and what not. I tried and made a mess.
Hopefully I can get a better grasp this weekend. The only files I
changed were xcrypt.c and Makefile.

Makefile needed -lcrypt and -liaf added to LIBS=. It had -lcrypto but
needed -lcrypt for bigcrypt()

xcrypt.c needed:
- #include <ia.h>
- xcrypt() needed to call bigcrypt()
- shadow_pw() needed this, although it didn't really belong there:
uinfo_t uinfo;
ia_openinfo(pw->pw_name, &uinfo);
ia_get_logpwd(uinfo, &pw_password);
ia_closeinfo(uinfo);