People using the HPN patch...

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Jul 29 07:01:12 EST 2005

If anyone is using the HPN patch on a high performance link I was
wondering if you could take a moment to answer a quick question

Are you seeing vastly different performance between scp throughput and
sftp throughput? On my test network (pittsburgh to chicago) I'm getting
26MB/s with scp (arcfour) and only 6.4MB/s with sftp (arcfour). We just
started looking into this but it woudl be nice to know that its not just
some weirdness associated with our network.

Thanks.

Chris