Compiling openssh-4.0p1 on Solaris 10.

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Jun 9 14:53:27 EST 2005

Darren Tucker wrote:
> Damien Miller wrote:
>
>> I just noticed this on the Solaris 10 beta box that is lying around here:
>> fix compilation on Sun's cripples SUNWopenssl package.
>
> [...]
>
>> +#ifndef OPENSSL_LOBOTOMISED_AES
>>      { "aes192-cbc",        SSH_CIPHER_SSH2, 16, 24, EVP_aes_192_cbc },
>>      { "aes256-cbc",        SSH_CIPHER_SSH2, 16, 32, EVP_aes_256_cbc },
>>      { "rijndael-cbc at lysator.liu.se",
>>                  SSH_CIPHER_SSH2, 16, 32, EVP_aes_256_cbc },
>>  #endif
>

> We've got the required code right there in rijndael.c, it would be easy
> to build non-crippled binaries even if the system openssl doesn't have
> those...

That sounds like a good idea, but we must be careful to avoid symbol
clashes between the underlying AES implementations.

> As for the configure test, why not just:
>     AC_CHECK_FUNCS(EVP_aes_192_cbc EVP_aes_256_cbc)
> ?

OpenSSL has an unfortunate habit of hiding lots of public API functions
behind #defines. I wasn't sure which way the EVP_* functions were set up
(and I didn't want to check for all the versions of OpenSSL we support).

-d