Compiling openssh-4.0p1 on Solaris 10.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 9 15:25:25 EST 2005

Damien Miller wrote:
> Darren Tucker wrote:
>> We've got the required code right there in rijndael.c, it would be
>> easy to build non-crippled binaries even if the system openssl doesn't
>> have those...
>
> That sounds like a good idea, but we must be careful to avoid symbol
> clashes between the underlying AES implementations.

The rijndael code is already built unconditionally into libssh.a so it
should be simply a matter of: "#define EVP_aes_192_cbc evp_rijndael".

> OpenSSL has an unfortunate habit of hiding lots of public API functions
> behind #defines. I wasn't sure which way the EVP_* functions were set up
> (and I didn't want to check for all the versions of OpenSSL we support).

They're real functions in the version I checked (0.9.7f) but I didn't
check any others.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.