Building Stand-Alone NT Installer. Need Advice on File Structure. Thank you!

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Sun Jun 12 18:40:51 EST 2005

On Jun 12 01:29, Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
> >  OpenSSH-4.1p1-1
> >  Cygwin 2.457.2.2

There's no such thing as a Cygwin version 2.457.2.2.

There's no gain for the community in packaging up a package which contains
a binary Cygwin DLL.  The only result is that somebody, who has already a
Cygwin installation will get another DLL with likely another version in
$PATH which results in serious trouble.  So this isn't something we want
to see and support.

Even then, I hope you're also packaging up all the source code at the
same spot you're providing binaries, otherwise you'll at least infringing
the Cygwin license.

This is very off-topic for this list, AFAICS, especially when sent three times.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader