Bug report: first_kex_packet_follows behaviour seems wrong

Richard Peters r.a.peters at student.tue.nl
Mon Jun 20 05:29:47 EST 2005

Original Message From: Richard Peters

> It seems to me the algorithm negotiation of the transport layer has a bug,
> it does not follow the specification of draft-ietf-secsh-transport-24,
page
> 19, where the behaviour of first_kex_packet_follows is specified.

Upon re-reading the beginning of section 7, page 16, I must conclude that
OpenSSH does correctly follow the specification. It just seemed wrong that
when a client sent a key exchange packet for the algorithms that are chosen
anyway, the guess could still be considered wrong.
You may ignore my previous bug report.

best regards,

Richard Peters