Call for release testing

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 9 23:50:16 EST 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I've just tested against the latest from CVS (checked out 10:00 UTC)
> and I got a new regression failure which looks pretty bogus to me.

You're right, it's bogus.  It's a problem with the test itself.

> In banner.sh, the `ssh -q' test fails.  The reason is that banner.out
> is not empty:
>
> $ cat banner.out
> debug1: permanently_set_uid: 18/0
>
> 18 is the uid of the SYSTEM account on Windows so the above is equivalent
> to `debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0' on other systems.
>
> What's the debug message doing in the output here?

I bumped the loglevel in the regression tests to make easier (or even
possible :-) to figure out the cause of failing tests.  Normally that
debug output is sent to /dev/null unless being specifically logged.

That message is from the session (via the client).  Not sure why it's
only causing problems on Cygwin, though.  Will look at it tomorrow.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.