Call for release testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 22:00:14 EST 2005

On Mar  3 13:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  3 09:54, Damien Miller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are preparing to release another stable OpenSSH soon, so once
> > again we are asking for your help in testing CVS snapshots.
>
> Built and regress-tested on Cygwin.  Looks pretty good with just one
> exception:

I've just tested against the latest from CVS (checked out 10:00 UTC)
and I got a new regression failure which looks pretty bogus to me.

In banner.sh, the `ssh -q' test fails.  The reason is that banner.out
is not empty:

$ cat banner.out
debug1: permanently_set_uid: 18/0

18 is the uid of the SYSTEM account on Windows so the above is equivalent
to `debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0' on other systems.

What's the debug message doing in the output here?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader