forwarding data ?

Ed White ed.white at libero.it
Sun Mar 27 02:06:37 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure ssh to get this behaviour:

ssh binds on "localhost:60110" and when a local application connect to that
port, all the data are forwarded to the "server". The particular fact is that
I can't use port forwarding because I don't have any pop3 daemon on the
"server". In fact I'm using a pop3 script as user's shell!

$ ssh ... user at server
+OK
list
+OK
.
quit
+OK
Connection to server closed.

When I try by hand everything is ok, but it seems I cannot use ssh to bind a
port and simply forward the data. Is this a known OpenSSH limitation ?