Password Option for Windows OpenSSH

KRISHNAMURTHY SUDHAKAR-FSK031 sudhakar at motorola.com
Tue Nov 29 03:05:46 EST 2005

I am newbie to OpenSSH and have a question on providing password during a
client log in session.
I am using OpenSSH for Windows(XP) version 3.81p1. Is this the latest
version for windows?

>From the archive list I gather that OpenSSH will not provide a password
option while invoking ssh commands, is this true? or will this be included
in the future releases?

I read something about using SSH_ASKPASS option to provide the password from
a text file. I didn't find this documented anywhere in the list of docs that
I obtained while installing 3.81p1, Is this valid for openssh windows ver
3.81p1? or is this just a UNIX/Linux only command?

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if there is a work around for
this?

TIA