Password Option for Windows OpenSSH

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:17:40 EST 2005

Make sure password authentication is enabled. However, I got copssh to
work with passwords out of the box. Shouldn't be a problem as long as
the users on the xp box have passwords.

Now, if you can use passwords but just need an automation method you
should be able to use one of the 'expect' ports to automate the whole
process. http://expect.nist.gov/ has some native ports for XP. I still
suggest against using passwords stored in this manner but if you can't
use keys and this has to be automated I'm not sure if ssh can do what
you want it to do on its own.