HPH-SSH code incorporation

alan.cl.wong at nokia.com alan.cl.wong at nokia.com
Tue Oct 4 13:57:01 EST 2005

Hi,

	We are deciding on to either entirely use HPH code to our
OpenSSH or not for systems globally and I come down to a question.

If HPH-SSH code is such an improvement to network performance for
OpenSSH, then why has it not been incorporated to the OpenSSH code? Is
there a reason? Is it because there are problems with the HPH-SSH code?

Since the code has been out for a time and still has not been
incorporated to the OpenSSH code. It creates doubt of there must be a
reason why the OpenSSH group has not incorporated the patch. There are
concerns of code scrutiny and review if it is not incorporated. OpenSSH
has now become not just an application but a medium for data transfer
and that means network performance is very critical. If network
performance can be increased without decrease in security then it would
make OpenSSH even more attractive.

So the question is is there a reason why the OpenSSH group decided not
to incorporate the code into theirs?

Cheers,
-Alan

Alan CL. Wong