.spec file for SLES 9

David Leonard David.Leonard at quest.com
Tue Oct 4 09:22:43 EST 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Iain Morgan wrote:

> I'm gearing up for an RPM deployment of 4.2p1 on SuSE (SLES 9). However, the files
> under contrib/suse in the OpenSSH distribution appear to be out-of-date. In
> particular, SuSE seems to handle init scripts quite differently now.
>
> So, is anyone building local RPMs for SuSE? If so, could you post the .spec
> file you are using? Is there any interest in updating the contrib/suse
> section? I've done some initial work, but since I'm new to SuSE I defer to
> the experience of others.

I rolled a spec file for work that seems to work for both suse and redhat
based systems.  You can pick the spec out of
<http://rc.vintela.com/topics/openssh/downloads/linux-i386/vintela-openssh-4.2p1vrc1.9.1-8.src.rpm>

The %post script in that (perhaps dubiously) decides what script to install
after looking around for LSB support. But, it seems to work pretty well.
(You'll probably want to ditch the earlier stuff in the spec since it's
pretty specific for linking against our product.)

Cheers,

David Leonard
Vintela Resource Central software engineer
Quest Software; Brisbane, Australia; www.quest.com
Phone: (US) +1 801 655 2755
       (AU) +61 7 3023 5133