make tests failure: openssh-SNAP-20050827 on Redhat 9

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Sep 1 01:28:06 EST 2005

On Aug 31, 2005, at 00:21, Damien Miller wrote:

> Do you have any login banner configured for the system, e.g. using
> pam_motd or similar? This could interfere with that test.

I haven't configured anything - unless it came from the distro install.

/etc/motd exists but is empty.

/etc/pam.d/sshd:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_console.so

#locate pam_motd
/lib/security/pam_motd.so

#more /etc/issue.net
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
Kernel \r on an \m

It's not an area I've needed to explore before so I don't know much
about it.  Just let me know what else to look for or a test to run.

-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833