make tests failure: openssh-SNAP-20050827 on Redhat 9

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 1 10:56:03 EST 2005

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2005, at 00:21, Damien Miller wrote:
>>Do you have any login banner configured for the system, e.g. using
>>pam_motd or similar? This could interfere with that test.
>
> I haven't configured anything - unless it came from the distro install.
>
> /etc/motd exists but is empty.
[...]
> /etc/pam.d/sshd:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

This uses the config the system-auth service (/etc/pam.d/system-auth) so
you'll need to look in that file too.  Kind of like a "#include" for PAM
configs (but subtly different).

> #more /etc/issue.net
> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> Kernel \r on an \m
>
> It's not an area I've needed to explore before so I don't know much
> about it.  Just let me know what else to look for or a test to run.

Could you please try temporarily renaming /etc/motd, /etc/issue and
/etc/issue.net and rerunning the test?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.