Prelim results: hpnssh v ssh in local area networks

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Thu Apr 27 05:17:12 EST 2006

The results, for anyone interested, can be found here
http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/results.html

Long story short, there doesn't seem to be any notable difference
between the two anymore. I still have a few more test combinations to
run (<.5ms rtts and against cygwin) so the conclusions might change but,
at this point, I'm no longer seeing any sort of performance hit (as a
measure of throughput) for hpnssh in local area networks.

Raw data, test script, and stats script available for those interested.

thx
chris