OpenSSH_4.3p1 configure patch

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 09:41:15 EST 2006

On Feb  5 09:32, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > Btw., I don't know how many patches will be in 4.3p2, but, can we
> > target maintainers get an early message with a link to the source
> > tar archive supposed to become 4.3p2?  This would allow a quick check,
> > if it still looks ok.
>
> This is what the snapshots are for. Usually the only change between
> a snapshot and a release is the changes to the version numbers.
>
> In this case, anyone who tested a snapshot from Jan 1st onwards would
> have been able to see the bug. Unfortunately our regress tests don't test
> for the problems that this bug caused, and I (incorrectly) assumed that
> the snapshots were receiving wider testing.

Honestly, you can't expect that every snapshot is tested just so,
without further announcement.  We are producing Cygwin snapshots more or
less every day or two, but without explicit announcement that we wish
people to test snapshots, nothing will happen.  And that's normal,
frustrating as it might be for us developers.  People have day jobs and
care mainly for their projects.  If important stuff happens, and you
wish that snapshots are explicitely tested, please announce.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader