OpenSSH_4.3p1 configure patch

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Feb 5 09:32:22 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Btw., I don't know how many patches will be in 4.3p2, but, can we
> target maintainers get an early message with a link to the source
> tar archive supposed to become 4.3p2?  This would allow a quick check,
> if it still looks ok.

This is what the snapshots are for. Usually the only change between
a snapshot and a release is the changes to the version numbers.

In this case, anyone who tested a snapshot from Jan 1st onwards would
have been able to see the bug. Unfortunately our regress tests don't test
for the problems that this bug caused, and I (incorrectly) assumed that
the snapshots were receiving wider testing.

-d