cygwin sshd

Brandon Barker brandon.barker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 01:26:41 EST 2006

Hello,

I've used cygwin and openssh's sshd many times successfuly on Windows
systems previously, including windows server 2003 (thanks to the guide found
at http://www.chinese-watercolor.com/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html ).  I
recently installed active directory on a windows server 2003 system and
promoted it to a domain controller.  The problem is, only users in the
Administrators group can log in using ssh; other users get the "Password
denied, please try again." message.  I've tried using mkpasswd and mkgroup
with local users, domain users, and both local and domain users to no avail.

I'll do my best to facilitate in helping solve this problem, any insights
are vey much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Brandon Barker