two factor authentication

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 02:27:15 EST 2006

William Ahern wrote:
>> You can use OpenSC PKCS#11 provider, but you may choose other implementations
>> as well, such as Athena, Aladdin, Siemens.
>
> For Windows, yes. But for Linux I'm stuck w/ OpenSC.

Not at all, I've just gave four examples for *WORKING* solutions:
1. OpenSC.
2. Athena.
3. Aladdin.
4. Siemens.

You can choose the right one for you. Athena and Aladdin works well with the
same media content in Windows *AND* Linux.

>> What do you call akward proprietary RSA Security solution? I hope not for PKCS#11.
>>

> A popular solution that RSA Security sells is a key fob w/ a clock and a
> pseudo-random stream generated from a shared key pair (unknown proprietary
> algorithm) called SecurID. To authenticate, your password is the most recent

I hoped you referred this product... I don't like it. I don't find it usable and
it way too expensive. Moreover it has no real advantage over regular smartcard.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.