two factor authentication

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 03:12:21 EST 2006

Chris Rapier wrote:

> Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>
>> Smartcard *IS* two factor, this is why they exist. There is no
>> better security solution than smartcards.
>
> Of course, smartcards can be easily defeated by a sufficiently scary
> person holding a pair of garden shears. ;)

Well... I am not a native English speaker... What does it mean?

Do you actually think there is a better security mechanism than smartcards?

Do you actually think a private key file + password + server password is better
than using smartcards?

Adding a remote password to the smartcard strengthen the solution?

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.