two factor authentication

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:32:59 EST 2006

Frank Cusack wrote:
> On July 25, 2006 8:17:06 AM +0300 Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> You can also consider biometric enabled smartcards, and have 3 factors.
>> But biometric is the worse from user perspective.
>
> Why is that?
>
> -frank

Since my testings showed that the low cost readers used in smartcard readers
are too weak... The user usually should try an average 2 times to login... And there
are 15% of people that cannot use these readers at all, since there biometric
produces too much or too few heat.

I also think that a computer software that sits between the reader and the driver
can transmit a finger print without it being read from the reader...

I know there is a new reader that update the APDU sent to the card with the fingerprint...
When this will be available and the reader will be improved I think it would be nice.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.