sftp batch mode and password authentication

Tobias Lütticke t.luetticke at inovex.de
Thu Mar 2 23:13:06 EST 2006

Hi,

> Is
> there anyother alternatives ?

As far as alternatives are concerned, the recommended way to accomplish your goal is:

- Use public key authentication and create a key pair without passphrase for batch job
purposes only.
- Limit the key usage via options in the server's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file

With this setup you have non-interactive authentication, which can be started by cron jobs
for instance. Moreover, misuse of the passphrase-less key is limited through the options.

Regards,
  Tobias Lütticke