sftp batch mode and password authentication

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Mar 3 05:01:03 EST 2006

ponraj wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I used to execute ftp in batch mode to dowload files. In my case, password
> authentication is the only way to get remote access.

Are you saying that you can't use private keys to authenticate? (I have
seen situations here this happens - usually as a result of severe
restrictions on shell access to an archival data store). If that is the
case I don't think you can do this without using something like 'expect'
  to control the process.