The conclusion regarding resume patch

Girish Venkatachalam girish1729 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 10:56:11 EST 2006

Dear folks,

To me suspend and resume is not a fancy feature. It is
a must have like all the other conveniences and
simplicity that scp provides.

I agree with Damien that this will cause multiple
protocol versions to float around, but we can't make
omelettes without breaking eggs.

The question is how important is this feature?

I would say it is very basic compared to other fancy
features like multiple simultaneous file transfers and
all that.

To argue Damien's point again, we can have a protocol
check in the beginning the way we have to check
protocol 1 and 2, in the connect string, and
interoperate.

Please let me know your thoughts.

regards,
Girish