The conclusion regarding resume patch

William Ahern william at 25thandClement.com
Sat May 13 03:00:46 EST 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 11:13:11AM -0400, Chris Rapier wrote:
> Of course to replace scp you'll need to copy most if not all of the
> command line structure syntax or its going to break thousands of
> scripts. I've actually talked to a couple of hundred users (people I met
> at various academic and industry high performance computing conferences)
> about this issue. A good percentage don't even know about sftp (no, they
> aren't idiots) and those that do want the simplicity of the scp

For some definitions of "idiot". ;)

I think at this point it sounds like there's been a meeting of minds. An
sftp which has been taught to emulate scp, or which has been gifted with
sufficient capabilites where emulation can be accomplished easily threw a
script, for instance.

I can't wait to see the code.

- Bill