Patch to abstract key sources

Rob Holland rob at inversepath.com
Wed May 17 17:14:51 EST 2006

Hi,

Attached is a patch to allow multiple files and/or pipes to be read when
searching for keys.

The patch centralises the file reading code into one place, rather than
repeating it amongst several files as it was previously.

It also allows reading keys from a pipe as well as files. This
functionality is not used in the current patch.

The eventual goal is to make custom key sources, such as searching LDAP
or a database, easier to write and maintain. Currently things such as
the openssh-lpk patch are quite invasive and must track upstream openssh
carefully with each release. If we allow reading of keys from a pipe,
the abstraction allows the two things to remain seperate.

Please let me know your thoughts on the patch and/or the idea in general.

Thanks,

Rob