Fw: need help

Aman D Singh asingh61 at csc.com
Tue Nov 21 07:55:19 EST 2006

Hi,

Please find the mail appended below. I need some help on SSH installation.

The machine is running on AIX 4.3.2.0. It is a production machine and has
some known vulnerable issues with current version of SSH installed.

Current SSH version is openSSH_3.7p1

I need to know the highest version of SSH which can be installed on this
machine.

Please be so kind to send me this info.

Regards,

Aman D Singh

System Administrator
IBM P-Series/AIX-OS
Managed Computing Services (GIS)
Computer Sciences Corporation
C-24, Sector - 58, NOIDA
Uttar Pradesh – 201301

| India : +91-120-258-2323 x2588 | U.S : +1-302-781-1010 x2588 | Denmark :
+45-7010-0024 x2588 | Australia : 1800-137-784 x2588 | Hand phone :
+91-9899-006-626 |

| Electronic Mail : asingh61 at csc.com | Sametime : Aman D Singh/GIS/CSC |
Fax : +91-120-391-3091| On - Call : +91-9999-016-696 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Forwarded by Aman D Singh/GIS/CSC on 11/21/2006 01:15 AM -----

             Darren Tucker
             <dtucker at zip.com.
             au>                                                        To
                                       Aman D Singh/GIS/CSC at CSC
             11/20/2006 08:51                                           cc
             AM                        www at openbsd.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: need help
             Please respond to
             dtucker at zip.com.a

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 06:49:30AM +0530, Aman D Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell me what is the highest SSH version AIX 4.3 and AIX
> 4.2 may run.

For future reference, questions such as this one would be better directed
to the OpenSSH mailing list (openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org).

OpenSSH 4.5p1 is known to work on at least 4.2.1 and 4.3.3.  It will
probably work on the other versions in the range you specify.

> Could you please be so kind to send me the compatibility chart.

There is no compatibility chart.  As long as folks are willing to do
the work then newer versions will probably continue to function on
older platforms (as long as that work does not adversely impact on
current systems).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.