Fw: need help

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Nov 21 23:53:29 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 02:25:19AM +0530, Aman D Singh wrote:
> The machine is running on AIX 4.3.2.0. It is a production machine and has
> some known vulnerable issues with current version of SSH installed.
>
> Current SSH version is openSSH_3.7p1
>
> I need to know the highest version of SSH which can be installed on this
> machine.

As I said in my original reply: OpenSSH 4.5p1 will probably work but
you'll just have to try it; I don't know of any places still running
4.3.2 (it's years past EOL) and I've not heard of anyone who has tried
it.

Ideally you would build OpenSSH and its prerequisites after verifying
the signatures on the box in question.  Alternatively, you could use
my precompiled .bff packages from here:
http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)