Pawel Krupinski's ssh-decrypt ssh-encrypt proposal

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 07:25:53 EST 2006

This sounded extremely interesting to me.

one suggestion I would have is to use uuencoding first on encryption
and uudecode on decryption to take care of the problem you mentioned
"Of course RSA puts limits on the data that
can be encrypted" that should take care of that.

I was looking for a way of using ssh-agent to be used to allow certain
applications to get passwords.
Example:
I use wpa_supplicant to connect to my wireless network. I would like a
way of not leaving the password in the file unencrypted. If there was
a way to have it ask ssh-agent for the private key to unencrypt the
password to send it then I could have just the password for my private
key to type in.