Testing for the 4.4p1 release

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Sep 11 20:59:05 EST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:16:24AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Darren Tucker wrote:
> >> On RHL73 with gcc 2.96, 'make tests' doesn't finish and appears to get
> >> stuck (strace shows the process is in wait()).  There were a number of
> >> compilation warnings.  The ones coming from ciphers and macs appear to
> >> be old, but these are new and at least implicit decls should be easily
> >> fixable:
> >>
> >> warning: __nonnull__' attribute directive ignored (50+ times)
> >
> > We could do something like the patch below.
>
> I retried with the latest snapshot and the patch.

Thanks.

> The patch doesn't work, it results in a a compilation error:
> In file included from bsd-misc.c:31:
> ../xmalloc.h:26: parse error before ('

Yeah, that patch is a bad idea, so I think we'll probably leave this
alone for now.  I can't think of a way to reliably detect which
__attribute__ 's are supported.

[...]
> > These have been fixed by including string.h.
>
> cipher-aes.c also seems to need it, or some other relevant .h include,
> as it complains about memcpy and memset.

Indeed it does, however it's only obvious with older OpenSSL version
where that code is compiled in.  Fixed, thanks.

> > [...]
> >> from 127.0.0.1 port 44319 (t4 r26 i0/0 o0/0 fd 27/27 cfd -1)
> >> [[ almost 10 minute timeout ]]
> >> ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
> >> cmp: EOF on /home/pekkas/op/openssh/regress/ls.copy
> >> corrupted copy of /bin/ls
> >> bind: Address already in use
> >> [[ about 5 minute timeout ]]
> >
> > Now this I'm not sure about.
>
> This is still the same.

During the timeout phase, is there a defunct process in the process list,
and if so what process does its ppid correspond to?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.