Testing for the 4.4p1 release

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Sep 23 10:43:20 EST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:15:57PM -0700, Iain Morgan wrote:
> Sometime ago, Darren Tucker wrote:
[...]
> > This is a long shot, but when you attempt to use Protocol 1, does the
> > known_hosts file entry consist mainly of zeros?  eg,
>
> Yes! I guess I never took a close look at the entry, but it has several
> long sequneces of 0's in it.

Thanks.

I have seen this reported on HP-UX and have now been able to reproduce
it.  I suspected it to be a problem with either OpenSSL or the compiler,
and if you are able to reproduce it on another platform with another
compiler then it makes OpenSSL much more likely as the culprit.

I'll update the OpenSSL bug report.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.