HiddenStore option may be useful

Thomas Blank thomas at ohzone.de
Mon Apr 16 20:49:34 EST 2007

Darren Tucker wrote:
> Do you have control over the clients?  If so:
>
> 3. Use sftp to upload the file with a temporary name then rename it when
> it's complete.  Something like this (untested):
>
> sftp -b /dev/stdin server.example.com << EOD
> put myfile.txt .myfile.txt
> rename .myfile.txt myfile.txt
> EOD

No, I do not have control over the clients.
Jefferson's suggestion of using tunneled rsnc is therefore also not possible. Implementing this is much more work as using standard sftp-commands in a script.

inotify may help but I'm using Solaris not Linux - although not knowing but inotify may not have been ported to Solaris.

Any other suggestions?