Installation difficulties

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Thu Dec 20 02:36:06 EST 2007

Hi Cecily,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 02:04:25PM -0700, Glissman, Cecily A wrote:
> I am trying to install openssl-0.9.8 for my linux emulator, Cygwin.

First off, this is the OpenSSH mailing list, so there may be a better
forum (the Cygwin list or possibly the OpenSSL list) to ask.

Your OpenSSL config output looks fine.

> Then the complaint:
>
> 'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

This is because GNU make has not been installed in your Cygwin
system.

> Do you have any suggestions?  (I don't care which version of ssh
> I install - I just need to have ssh capability)

Then I suggest that you simply install the OpenSSH that is included
in the Cygwin distribution.

I believe all you need to do is run the Cygwin installer and add the
openssh package. If you run into trouble I think the best place to
ask is the Cygwin mailing lists.

//Peter